Well,
I have been away for awhile. No new news really to report. I had a great idea for a blog the other day, but I have since forgotten what it was. I really need to start writing down ideas when I have them, because they appear so few and far between. It has been a good long while since I have been able to see any good live music. The last live concert I saw was Aaron Watson at the Wormy Dog in oklahoma city. So, I am very much excited about the blues festival coming up in september. Really, I am just going to see one band, JJ Grey and Mofro, but I am sure there will be some other good acts, after all, it is a blues festival. They have a new cd to be released titled "Orange Blossoms" or "Orange Blossom Special" or something like that. I am very pumped about that. It is so very appreciated that outstanding music can still be found and people are still making it. Just the other day, I was informed by someone that XM radio now has a kenny chesney channel, which is apparently all kenny chesney songs all the time. It is unfathomable to me that there is enough people that like kenny chesney that much, that it now requires a full time radio station devoted to that garbage heap Kenny and his "people" call music. It is really sad for someone to be a kenny chesney fan, really it is. I feel sorry for anyone who is that way. I wouldn't choose to most readily describe a kenny chesney fan as ignorant, or having bad taste, or being a moron. Despite the fact that all those descriptors may be applicable, really, I just feel sorry for them, because if you will let someone convince you that kenny chesney is music so good it needs its own radio station, then you would and could be convinced of absolutely anything....seriously. kenny chesney fans should never be allowed to read " A Modest Proposal", lest the air be full of the sweet smell of roasting babies.
Monday, August 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment