School ended for another year, and once again the genteelmen at 6118 hosted a modest get together. There were a couple of pinatas and some stone casts even managed to get stuck in a block of ice that had become frozen with a perfect trough in the middle of it for pouring beverages in. The shin-dig was a big hit, although we got moved inside around midnight, and it was extremely hot in the house. The night was full of many highlights, with my favorite being some guy that I didn't know, walking around and eating some 14 month old ice cream from our freezer straight out of the tub...fantastic. All in all, school is school, and I was just happy for a little respite.
I then went that next weekend to Doodle's wedding, all in all it was a great time, of seeing some old friends and making some new ones. However, it did become apparent to me, that I do find it somewhat discourteous to have a wedding transpire in any proximity to a usual mealtime...but hey, not about me. Saturday night after the wedding was a good time, and myself, the Delicious, Truck and some others went to the historic Blaine's pub in San Angelo. The band was average, but the fun started when we made a point to shoe polish doodle's ride convieniently located at the comfort suites on the way home. Truck and the Delicious set it off. There were several other "wedding cars" there, and someone had made sure and tipped the cops off, that many of the cars were ridin durty....and that one person even had the gall to drive a fake lincoln.....and the journey continued on from there.
I spent the next three weeks in Belcourt North Dakota, staying at the Skydancer Hotel and Casino, and working at the hospital in Belcourt, North Dakota. It was a great time, and I really enjoyed working there. Furthermore, staying at a casino was great as well, I got in a fairly good routine of going to dinner, and then going to play some blackjack. My buddy B who was with me, did win a friday night blackjack tournament, which netted him 300 dollars and an awesome Skydancer leather coat complete with intricately stitched on casino paraphanelia. So, many thanks to the people of the Turtle Mountain Chippewa Reservation. Also, we had a chance to visit the International Peace Gardens and did visit the Geographical Center of North America..probably the first Texans ever to do so. On the way home, we detoured over to see Mt. Rushmore, Black Hilll Nat'l Forest, Crazy Horse Monument, and the Badlands Nat'l Park, and Deadwood, South Dakota....all were fantastic, but I do believe that the Badlands were indeed my favorite....very nice....here are a few of the pics.

I followed the three weeks in North Dakota with two in Laredo, Texas...quite a contrast. Laredo wasn't bad, but I don't care if I ever go back there again, maybe there will be more on that topic later, but I doubt it, because I don't care enough.
Lastly, I am now back in San Antonio and starting my three weeks of summer vacation. I am stoked about that, and look to resume a more frequent blog posting schedule.
Thanks and good night,
The Steak Abides
1 comment:
Hey Craig,
I was just noticing something... I always just read the title of your blog as loving countRy, becuase you do infact love country. But I realized today that it is county not country... Why loving county I ask?
Mindi
Post a Comment