Friday, January 18, 2008

Hmmmm

I have been watching some of the presidential debates latley. I don't really claim to understand politics or much of anything else for that matter. I just can't get over the fact that the big answer to all of america's woes seems to be to throw more money at people/programs that don't work already. Hilary has a plan to infuse the economy with life, president Bush may give a bigger tax refund and so on and so forth. Every candidate that talks has some plan to strengthen the economy. The problem with most of these plans is that they involve spending more money on people and programs. The consumption tax is a good idea, but is just another band-aid in the place of the serious problems. The financial woes of the country continue to escalate, while the dollar devalues, and the best plan we have is to throw more money away.

I love the social security tax, and watching the money go out of my check every month. It is good to know that there is not even a small chance of ever seeing that again if things continue as they are. But forget about me and my self-pity, what about those that have been paying the tx for 15 or 20 years already, they probably won't ever see any of that money again either. I just don't understand it.

The solution is easy, although will never actually happen. The federal budget has to be balanced, meaning a budget should not be able to be put into effect until every dollar is accounted for, end of story. Like I said, would never happen, there is no authority to enforce this, probably not the manpower either. However, Without this, what does is matter if taxes are 5% or 55%. It doesn't. The point of taxation is to fund the government.....and people think this will all be better by putting more money in the american taxpayer population: not even close. Not to mention, that we still regularly spend more than is taken in like some wino that won the lottery.

C

No comments: