Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What will they think of next?

I wanted to relay a story to anyone who still reads the blog about my day today. It was the same as most days. I came to work, did my job, played some games on the internet, read Kelby's blog, read the news, so forth and so on. Now, specifically I would like to talk about my last patient of the day. The patient had a complaint that their teeth had been hurting for a whole year. Now, here is the kicker....

Patient : " I haven't been able to get a job for the last year, because my teeth have been hurting"

I sat there with a completely dumbfounded look on my face, and tried not to laugh, or yell, or some combination of the two. I found myself wondering what kind of excuses it is apparently acceptable to use for not being an adult these days......so I came up with a few.

" I haven't been able to get a job for the last year, because sometimes I have to pee during the day"

" I haven't been able to get a job for the last year, because my girlfriend has to use the car sometimes during the week to get her nails done."

" I haven't been able to get a job for the last year, because if I do, I won't be able to get my welfare check"

" I haven't been able to get a job for the last year, because my right foot is a little bigger than my left"

" I haven't been able to get a job for the last year, because I like to eat peanut brittle"

" I havne't been able to get a job for the last year, becuase sometimes I pretend like I am Viking and it scares the people I work with."

" I haven't been able to get a job for the last year, because my great grandfather was a Comanche."

" I haven't been able to get a job for the last year, because I was on a roller coaster 274 days"

"I haven't been able to get a job for the last year, because I am being targeted by the government"

" I haven't been able to get a job for the last year, because my hair is sometimes tangled up when I wake up"

That is all I have for now...I will try to come up with some other ridiculous lists, because I don't have to think very hard to do that, which consequently, has caused me to not be able to get a job for the last year.

C

1 comment:

Mindi said...

Craig your funny!