Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Response

To Mindi: If orange money is used, you only get orange money in return. When was the last time you didn't get change back when you used green money. Same idea, if the store doesn't have it, then they say " I can't make change for that, sorry." It will work, trust me.

To Toddi: So very good to hear from you. I hope things are well. I still plan on returning to the Go Away ranch one day for a stay. I told Bill as much at Kelby's rehearsal dinner (what a great time by the way) and his reply was " I dare you.", which sounds like an invite to me. I don't know when it will be, but I will be back that way someday. Me and the wife to be are planning on moving back to Texas somewhere, we don't know exactly where yet..I would like Amarillo, but that got an absolute executive veto from the missus...she has two more years of residency in Oklahoma City, and I may possibly try to get into an OMS residency, I will just have to see how that plays out. Rural Missouri is a very interesting place but I like it....and on that note...my story for the day.

I recently found out, that in the state of Missouri, it is still legal to brew your own moonshine or stump whiskey. What is stump whiskey you ask? Well it is like this. Someone says, " I know a place where you can put twenty dollars in an old stump, and the next day some "stump whiskey" will show up. So you just have to find said stump ( they can tell you where it is) and put in your money there and the next day you go back and magically some stump whiskey has appeared. I have not found this magical stump, but I have tried some stump whiskey, and the words stout and firey come to mind. Although you can't sell your moonshine, it is perfectly legal to concoct a certain amount of home brew for your own personal use...now if I could just find a distillation kit somewhere.

C

3 comments:

The Davis Daily said...

Hey Craig, if you find that moonshine send some our direction. Maybe if Kelby and I get drunk enough on moonshine we'll make a baby.

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

Craig,
Well, I hate to hear the future Mrs. Rose nixed the Amarillo idea. We'd love for y'all to be that close. Let us know when y'all decide where you will reside.

Anonymous said...

I recall a science project Kelby had back in middle school-it called for fermented apples and our house smelled like WE were makin' moonshine!!! Really can't remember exactly what that project was supposed to prove, but will never forget that distinctly strong scent that lingered for weeks. Don't think I'd be a fan of stump whiskey, for sure!
And to also quote Bill: "I dare you"...we would truly enjoy a visit from you and your missus in the future -and DO proceed with your desire to pursue that OMS residency - you'd make a good one.