Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Too Much Mass

No,

I am not talking about Catholic religious functions, at least not yet. I am referring to a situation I ran into in the store about two weeks ago. I was in the process of purchasing the necessary supplies to do a little grilling. One item on the menu was beer can chicken. I was about to traverse the airplane hangar sized store to checkout, when I realized that I had bottles of beer as opposed to cans. No big deal right? Wrong. I wanted a six pack of beer, nothing fancy, to cook a chicken with. However, apparently, you can only buy six packs of tallboys nowadays, because 6-12oz cans just didn't cut it....those extra 24 oz make all the difference. You have to buy a twelve pack to get the 12oz cans. I think this is a travesty. What is next, you can only buy 50 gallons of gas at a time, you have to buy 2 gallons of milk at once, you have to order more than one bride from Russia. I just don't have the stomach for that kind of overkill. If you need to reach me, I will be talking on my cellphone/two-way/mp3 player/camera/plutonic laser/wallet/kitchen knife.

CRR

No comments: