Greetings to all the people who faithfully check this blog frequently, only to be cyber-space- stomach-punched time and again, becuase I have failed to post. I would apologize, only if you don't like it, you can create your own blog and write something to entertain the masses.
Today's topic is the wife-beater....the shirt, not anyone you know per se. The wife-beater is as enigmatic as it is functional. It some cases it seems the only choice of attire, and in others, an anathema. Who wears a wife-beater you might ask? The answer is simple: everyone. Men, women, young, old, slim, not so slim. How can something so simple, be so utilized? Well, sadly, I have no answer, what I have compiled is a list of the people that I have seen wearing a wife-beater in my lifetime. Some will be surprising, some not so....
People who beat their wife
Every white guy with a mullet on COPS, sometimes accompanied by cut-off jean shorts
Gothics - sometimes sporting the black wife-beater, so you know they are serious about Magic The Gathering
High School/College guys -the perfect way to show off all those hours in the gym. This is okay, I can handle this look, used to sport it myself, but the combo of the wife-beater with the hat with the bill to the side is almost too much. I should definitely find a way to inconspicuously sterilize those people, because we don't need more. And make more hats where the bill is straight
Old Men - old men always wear these as undershirts, which I don't completely get. I don't know what is gained from this. I really don't know what is gained from it when you tuck the wife-beater into the underwear, if someone can please explain what purpose this serves, please let me know
The punk chick who wears pink hair, 10 pound braclets, has 18 piercings, and doesn't care about anything, not even cool stuff.
People who beat their wife
Where does that leave us, and what is a wife-beater really for, I don't know. I wish I did. If anyone has any insight as to the origins/purpose of this seemingly widespread and well-loved clothing article, please let me know.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Steak'ums,
Fun stuff. I wish I had the answers. Obviously, so do you. Also, like you, all I can do is name the people I see wearing them and extrap' on what makes them do it.
Anyone with arm tatoos shaped like sleeves. Why waste the fabric?
Dads getting the paper from the lawn.
Men shaving on TV Commercials.
Women shaving like Men on Commercials.
Fireman ALWAYS WEAR WIFEBEATERS to beat the heat like they would beat a woman.
They should really be calling them "Heatbeaters" because that is the only thing that gets abused with 100% certainty.
Who knows?
Boy, we sure do think alike. Are we the same person?
Muzzle Flash
P.S. ' = olate
Post a Comment