I have seen a lot of news lately about the protests of the new immigration law. As it was explained to me, this new law will make aiding someone in entering this country illegally, a felony. I have been surprised by the uproar protesting this law. I have several problems with anyone having a problem with this. If you are not committing the crime, then you shouldn't care what the penalty is, and the fact that five hundred thousand people protested this law is D.C. alone, is an obvious indication that we need more stringent immigration laws. Secondly, the problem I have is that many illegals benefit from government programs, all the while not paying taxes. I will have to double check, but I am fairly certain if I don't pay mine, it is a federal offense. The most disturbing thing I saw were several signs saying "full rights for all immigrants". I have no problem with this as long as they are legal. If they are not legal, it is the same as saying that I should be awarded benefits strictly by arriving at a location, and illegally at that. Therefore, look for me to be launching my assault on a major leagues pitcher mound, and if I get to one, I expect a contract and all the perks that go with becoming a major league baseball player. That analogy is really endless, just insert a place, and if you can get there, especially illegally, you are entitled to the benefits of that place. So if you don't like your boss, just beat him to his office in the morning while he is telling someone else to get his coffee. Feel free to post any opinions on this, so I can tell you that you are a moron.
Goodnight,
Buck Strickland
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
In an incredible instance of "Life Imitating Metaphor-Gone-Horribly Sideways," be sure to pick up the Cinco Dy Mayo special at The Ballpark at Arlington.
http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2283249&clickid=body_rv_txt
Muzzle Flash
Post a Comment