Monday, March 27, 2006

The Lord's Highway

Well, all in all it was a good weekend for the Steak. Friday night there was some good basketball games on, which kept me from having to go out and socialize with people, so that is always acceptable. Saturday was a beautiful day, so beautiful in fact that I didn't go outside until after dark. Saturday night, went to see Chris Knight, the opening band was Pinmonkey. Both bands were outstanding, apparently Pinmonkey has been creating a buzz for quite some time in Nashville, which is why I haven't heard of them, but were a very good band, with a tight country sound, and great harmonies. Chris Knight was excellent as well, I have been a fan since my early college years, but had never had the opportunity to see a live show. The set was great, mainly because he is such a good writer and doesn't really have a bad song. The only downside was that Guy Forsyth was in town as well, so I had to miss that show. I highly recommend any of those three bands if you have the opportunity to see them. The cover is usually about ten dollars, and well worth it...or you could spend sixty bucks and go watch kenny chesney prance around and sing pop music's newest hit songs, which is the same as using sixty bucks to wipe your butt...but hey, what do I know, I am not famous. Well that is all for now.

Keep On Keepin' On

Sincerely, Mike Seaver

No comments: